21 Dec 21
How a Good Website Design Can Increase Your Business Value and Influences Customer Behaviour
Your company and brand are a combination of the branding experience. Your brand is more than just your logo, your fonts, the products you sell and your staff. It’s all these things which establish the customer experience you provide. A website is an extremely important part of this experience, especially in this post-pandemic era.
When it comes to online businesses, branding is no different. Have you ever visited a website and were instantly confused? Maybe you weren’t sure what they were selling or it didn’t quite match your previous in-store visit.
Having an online presence is essential for marketing your small business. By not having a business website, you give the impression that you are no longer in business. Don’t take what a web development company melbourne tells you for face value. Look at the facts. These following 2021 small business website statistics illustrate just how important it is for small businesses to have a professionally built website.
The Power of Web – Industry Statistics
Before looking for web design services for small business, first understand the importance of web in giving your business value. Even if you don’t plan on selling online, you’ll want to have a website where people can go for information about your business.
Websites strengthen your business credibility, build trust in your customer and elevate your business value.
- There are more than 4.8 billion Internet users. (Source – Internet Live Stats)
- Companies that have embraced digital transformation are 26% more profitable than their peers. (Source – MIT)
- 61% of consumers plan on spending more time online post-pandemic than they did before it. (Source – SalesForce)
- There are more than 89,000 Google searches done every second of every day. (Source – Internet Live Stats)
- 68% of consumers say that they have much higher expectations for businesses’ digital capabilities in the wake of COVID-19. (Source – Saleforce)
- Global B2C ecommerce sales are expected to reach $4.5 trillion by 2021. (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics) (Source – HubSpot)
51% of shoppers surveyed say they use Google to research a purchase they plan to make online. (Source – Think with Google)
- eCommerce sales are higher than ever before after the pandemic caused years of growth in just a few weeks. (Source – Semrush)
Importance of Consistent Brand Experience
Customers will touch base with your brand, multiple times before they are ready to transact on your website. It is important that when they reach your website, it is a consistent extension of the other collateral they have previously seen. Branding agencies, marketing companies and small business web designers can all show you the importance of consistency.
- Brand consistency is making sure that your brand values, image, and messaging is consistent across all channels. Customers appreciate it when a business has a consistent brand. In fact, consistent presentation of a brand has seen to increase revenue by 33 percent. (Source – Lucidpress)
- First impressions are 94% design-related. (Source – ResearchGate)
- Colours are the core of good web design – colour alone increases brand recognition by 80%. (Source – Loyola University)
Business Brand Credibility
If you don’t have a great website, users will be quick to pass this judgement onto your business and how you do service. Websites help show the transparency of your business, through details such as your company values, staff qualifications, location and contact information.
- 57% of internet users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed website on mobile (Source-SocPub)
- 75% of consumers admit to making judgements on a company’s credibility based on the company’s website design (Source- KinesisInc)
- 88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience (Source – Invision)
2021 User Behaviours and Expectations
User behaviours have changed a great deal since the inception of the web 30 years ago. This has evolved even more within the last 2 years as a result of the coronavirus pandemic and the global lockdowns. Understanding the expectations of your customers and clients are key to improving your website to impress them and position your business as the best choice.
- 83% of mobile users say that a seamless experience across all devices is very important (Source – Impactbnd)
- 82 percent of consumers feel more positive about a company after reading custom content. (Source – BP Studios)
- 59% of shoppers surveyed say that being able to shop on mobile is important when deciding which brand or retailer to buy from. (Source – Think with Google)
60% of smartphone users have contacted a business directly using the search results such as the “click to call” option. (Source – Think with Google)
- 46% of shoppers surveyed confirm inventory online before going to a store. (Source – Think with Google)
The Key Takeaways
Your website is a reflection of your company, team, your products and the service you provide. Judgement is never simply limited to the website itself.
A bad website will diminish a company’s credibility significantly and continue to set back a company’s potential to grow and survive in this digital era. Investing time into providing a consistent and optimised web experience will allow a company to resonate and connect better with consumers and turn them into loyal customers.
If your website is a little outdated and no longer matches the growth of your business and the quality of your service, we can help you with your new web project. With a local team of digital designers and developers, we’re a website design agency melbourne that will stay with you from start to finish. Simply reach out on 03 9912 6403 for a chat with our director, Irwin!