15 May 12
Website Briefing Checklist
So how much is a website? It’s the most common question we receive understandably but it’s like asking how long is a piece of string or how much is a house. There’s a lot of behind the scenes considerations that go into planning a digital platform; website design is not just a visual game but also a functionality one. It weighs on different factors and any detail could add or subtract from the total dramatically.
A little Something For You
To make things easier for everyone, you need a website checklist to help you work out the core structure of your site, understand the business and the elements the customers looking for. Here is a simple checklist to help you out. It doesn’t need to be filled out in great details, any little part helps. The more you provide, the more we have to work with.
- Tell us about your business and what you do
- Do you currently have an existing website?
- What is the main purpose of your website?
- What impression should the user have after visiting your website?
- What is your website target market? (i.e. who uses or visits your site)
- Who are your competitors? (please include URL addresses)
- Have you seen any websites that you like the look and feel of? (inspirational or as a general design guide)
- What specific call to actions do you have? (i.e. newsletter sign up, demo, call us now, etc)
- Do you currently have a site map or structure idea for your new website?
- What pages will you need or want on your website?
- Are there any mandatory elements that must feature on your website? (video, logos, colours, etc)
- Do you need assistance with content writing or photography?
- Do you have any other special requirements? (e-commerce, newsletter sign up, blog, login facilities, payment gateways, etc)
- Is it important for your business to be found on search engines?
- What is your budget you would like to set aside for this project?
- Please supply any additional information you might have